English for babies

Hello, I'm going to start giving classes on English to very little kids, they're from 1-3 years old, but I'm a little confused on what I'm going to teach them because they don't write or read, do you recommend me to make flash cards? What else can I do on class to that they can learn the basics? Thank you very much!

1 Respuesta

Respuesta
Hi
it is great you will work with children. i really like working with kids. i tought to a basic level for a year and some of my students did not know how to write or even read.
for sure visual aids will be the best tool. introduce vocabulary with flash cards and charts, but make sure they contain the vocabulary written because even though they cannot read, they will get familiar with letters.
begin with the alphabet, colors, pretty basic stuff. Use songs in every week. They will love learning vocabulary and basic grammar like I`m (name - adjectives ). Also basic structures like my favorite (animal is ...) by songs.
Be really patient and enthusiastic. Make repetition drills in funny ways. I usually use poppets they motivate children and if they make a mistake say it was the poppet they are using so they cannot feel ashamed.
I will recommend also some websites that will help you.
www.dreamenglish.com
www.eslkidstuff.com/
ESL Printables for Kids
onestopenglish.com
let me know if you need something else. do not worry just be yourself and enjoy the experience . remember they are children and they will love you

Today was my first day as a teacher, eventhough I'm certified from Cambridge I don't have any experience, but today was one of the best days of my life, I feel very happy, I took two different exercises, they learned the color red and painted an apple and then glued some little red papers to the circumference of a circle, they were very happy and finished very quickly, I guess I will have to take more things for them and I was having a lot of trouble finding songs so the websites you send me are definitely awesome for that!  Thank you very much, you helped me a lot and those websites will help me for my future classes!

Añade tu respuesta

Haz clic para o

Más respuestas relacionadas