Mejoras de Oracle 9i respecto a Oracle 8i

Hola:
Agradecería que alguien me indicase cuales son las mejoras de Oracle 9i respecto a Oracle 8i.
Un saludo

1 Respuesta

Respuesta
Aqui tienes un resumen de las principales características nuevas en 9i.
Un saludo
Oracle9. I Features
Real Application Clusters
- An extension of Oracle Parallel Server (OPS), Real Application Clusters is built on Cache Fusion, a new level of clustering performance. The caches of all nodes in a cluster are effectively fused, reducing disk I/O dramatically because query requests can be satisfied at any node.
Reorganization and Redefinition
- Allows administrators to perform online schema changes while other users are updating and querying data.
Standby-Database Automation
- Automates a host of tasks for standby-databases, including initial instantiation and failover. Log Miner now provides comprehensive log analysis for all datatypes.
Self-Service Error Correction
- Offers Flashback Query, which lets developers build self-service error correction into applications. With Flashback Query-enabled applications, users can undo their own errors.
360-Degree Security
- Includes three-tier security, improved user and security management, data encryption and label security, and a standards-based public-key infrastructure.
Globalization
- Full support for Unicode 3.0, the standard for mulilingual support. UTF-8 and UTF-16 allow virtually every language to be encoded.
Development-Platform Enhancements
- Extends existing XML support and Java2 Enterprise Edition APIs and containers.
Administration
- Added new GUI improvements, task automation, and reliability enhancements.
PL/SQL
- Architectural enhancements make PL/SQL significantly faster
- PL/SQL provides XML-related functionality such as efficient generation and URI reference access.
- PL/SQL has been enhanced to provide a number of functional improvements, including pipelined Table functions, ¿HTTP? ¿Cookie? Support, as well as access to a number of important SQL Enhancements, such as Inheritance of object types.
¿Te ha servido mi sugerencia?. Si puedo seguir ayudandote dímelo, sino

Añade tu respuesta

Haz clic para o

Más respuestas relacionadas