Hola Ayuda interpretación de un texto

Hola me gustaría cuando tuvieses tiempo, me dijeras la traducción de las palabras al castellano que te pongo en negrita, ya que no sé interpretarlas muy bien, gracias.
Es sobre un programa de radio en el que hablan sobre un libro y los inconvenientes de la vida tan rápida que llevamos con el trabajo, los estudios, etc.
PRESENTER Welcome to Cover to Cover. Today we´re talking about Carl Honore´s book in Praise of Slow, whic tell us that we´re living too fast and should slow down. With me are two journalists, Kim Mayhew and Rob Davis -both workaholics, of course. Kim, what did you think of the book?
KIM- Yes, very interesting and extremely funny at times, too. Er, for example, I loved the bit about the group in Austria that goes into city centres and tries to stop people hurrying.
PRESENTER Oh yes.
KIM- They actually time people with a stop watch, and if someone hasn´t got a good reason for walking fast, then that person has to walk behind a tortoise for 50 meter!
PRESENTER And what did you think of the book, Rob?
ROB- Well, after I finished it, I decided that I really must take more free time off work.
KIM- Yes, me too.
ROB- Actually, the whole capter on work was very interesting. For example, Honoré says people should only work 35 hours a week.
PRESENTER And do you think, that´s a good idea?
ROB- Yes, definitely. Most people wook too hard, I think. And apparently some French employees are allowed to begin their weekend at 3 p.m. On Thursday. I think we should all do that.
PRESENTER Kim, what do you thik?
KIM- Oh, yes I agree with Rob, everyone works too hard these days. Honoré definitely believes we ought to spend more time relaxing with our families.
PRESENTER But that´s already happening in some countries, isnt´t it? For example, Germans spend 15% less time at work now than in 1980.
ROB- Yes, and Honoré also says people can get their best ideas when they´re doing nothing. Albert Einstein was famous for just looking into space at his office at Princenton University. And you can´t say he didn´t have some good ideas!
KIM- Yes, and I was interested to read that Americans work 350 hours a year more than Europeans, but in some American companies employees can sleep whenever they want. Apparently they have special rooms where people can go and lie down if the´re tired.
ROB- That sounds like an excellent idea.
PRESENTER Yes, I´d be in there every afternoon, I can tell you!
ROB- Actually, by law in the UK people are supposed to have a break every four hours, but a lot don´t. It´s a magazine that 20% of British people work more than 60 hours a week. We work the most hours in Europe and it´s certainly not making us happier.
KIM- Yes, and then lots of people have to take work home because they´re under so much pressure to meet deadlines. Apparently 60% people in the UK who were interviewed said they didn´t take all their paid holiday. That´s just crazy!
ROB- And now we´ve all got mobile phones and laptops we´re able to continued working when we´re travelling. You know. When we´re on the train going to and from the office.
PRESENTER Yes, and even illness doesn´t stop some people. According to Honore´s book, 20% of Americans don´t take time off work when they´re ill. It seems that some people can´t stop working, even when it´s nearly killing them.
ROB- Yes, the Japanese even have a word for it- kasoshi.
He buscado en el diccionario y de Cover to Cover es algo así como de principio a fin no?. También me dice en definiciones para web esto "Cover to Cover is a TV program on the business channel CNBC". El texto es de un libro de inglés de la escuela de idiomas, a lo mejor quiere dar a entender que la entrevista se hace en ese programa.
Whole chapter, sería algo así como, la sección entera de una compañia no?¿.
lokking into space= Investigar, Examinar el espacio ?¿?¿
I can tell you! (no sé que significa, supongo que al castellano sería algo así como "te lo aseguro, en serio".?¿
But a lot don´t = Supongo que "muchos no".?¿
Going to and from = "Iendo y viniendo".?¿
Gracias y un saludo.

1 Respuesta

Respuesta
Este listening lo he trabajado muchas veces con mis alumnos, está en el libro Face2Face Intermediate. Aquí te traduzco las palabras que pones, no siempre se puede poner una traducción exacta palabra por palabra, sino aproximada.
Respeto al nombre del programa "Cover to Cover", cover es la portada o tapa de un libro, y se trata de un programa que analiza libros así que se podría traducir por algo como "De portada en portada". En esta entrevista en concreto, están analizando un libro que habla sobre las prisas con las que vivimos en la sociedad de hoy en día y que deberíamos relajarnos un poco más.
In praise of slow (título del libro que están analizando): elogiando la lentitud o elogiando la calma
To stop people hurrying: impedir que la gente vaya con prisas, la frase dice que hay un grupo de personas que se van al centro de la ciudad a intentar impedir que la gente vaya con tanta prisa, o impedir que vayan corriendo.
The whole chapter: el capítulo entero, refiriéndose al capítulo del libro que habla sobre el trabajo.
For just looking into space: quedarse mirando nada o estar mirando nada en concreto; se refiere a que Einstein se quedaba mirando al frente o como diríamos en castellano se quedaba embobado.
I can tell you: te lo puedo asegurar
A lot don't: muchos no lo hacen, se refiere a la frase de antes de que se supone que hay que tomarse un descanso cada cuatro horas, pero muchos no lo hacen. Para no repetir el verbo se usa sólo el auxiliar.
Going to and from: yendo y viniendo

Añade tu respuesta

Haz clic para o

Más respuestas relacionadas