Featured Food Blogger – Daisy from Never Too SweetThe name of my blog is ‘Never Too Sweet’, my boyfriend actually came up with

Featured Food Blogger – Daisy from Never Too Sweet

The name of my blog is ‘Never Too Sweet’, my boyfriend actually came up with the name. Because I am an avid dessert lover and can never go a day without something sweet. And it’s true no dessert is every too sweet for me :) . For best collection of Art Calendars, check our portfolio of Art Calendars here.

Tell us about your blog, ¿how did it come to be? ¿Did you have any goals when you started it and have you achieved them?

I am a Melbourne-based food blogger and mainly do reviews of restaurants and cafes but I also try to blog recipes as well. I started the blog in November 2011, I had recently finished University and had a 6 months break before I started full time work. I really needed a creative outlet, by then I had been following quite a few blogs. My boyfriend and some friends encouraged me start my own so I could also share my experiences with others so that’s how I started. When I first started it was purely a hobby and I didn’t think anyone was going to pay any attention or read my blog. But my readers have been very supportive so I’m very grateful. Hopefully one day, I will be cut down on my day job and blog more on a full-time basis.

Where do you get inspiration for your blog?

I get inspiration for my blog from all over the place, for instance while I’m watching TV, I might see a cake that I’d love to try, I’ll then and try and look for a café or restaurant that may serve it. After trying it, I will attempt to make it at home. I also get a lot of inspiration from other bloggers, I find that I learn something new every time I visit someone’s blog.

If you had to pick one favourite post what is it and why? Which post do you think deserved more attention than it received?

Uh oh that’s actually a really hard question to answer because I enjoy writing every single post, but one of my favourite posts would be the recipe of the Sago Pudding I made last year. It’s my sister’s favourite Malaysian dessert and we’ve always wanted to make it but never got the chance, so I was very proud of myself when I was able to make it at home for her.

Sago Pudding - Daisy Never Too Sweet

Another post that I really liked would be the lunch I had ‘Dinners By Heston’ in London, it didn’t get as much attention as I thought it would. Because it was definitely one of the most delicious and complex meals I’ve had. I’D love to go back and try the other dishes such as the liquid nitrogen ice-cream.

¿Is there a kitchen gadget or appliance you just can’t live without?

It’s definitely the oven and electronic kitchen scales. Those are definitely the two things I use the most, because I’m always baking. Even though I’ve made some no bake recipes before, nothing beats the smell and sight of a freshly baked batch of cookies!

¿Do you have a favourite cookbook? ¿What is it and why?

Hmmm another tough question because I’m addicted to buying cookbooks as well, both bookshelves at home are starting to concave because there’s too many books. But one book that I use all the time again and again would be Nigella Lawson’s ‘How To Be A Domestic Goddess’, I love the recipes inside and always get new ideas from it.

Being a food blogger you of course love food, ¿so what is your favourite weekday meal and what is your favourite dish to make for a special occasion?

My favourite weekday meal is actually really simple roasted pumpkin soup and then a large slice of chocolate mud cake! ¿That’s a balanced meal isn’t it? And as for a favourite dish to make for a special occasion it would be lasagna because that’s one of the only savoury dishes that I can make and also a chocolate gateau cake with popping candy in the base. I love to see the look on my guests face when it’s popping in their mouths.

¿What are your 3 favourite food blogs?

I read and follow a lot of food blogs so it’s really difficult for me to say who’s my favourite. But these three are the ones that I have been following the longest time and still enjoy reading them so much.

Not Quite Nigella – Lorraine is the superstar in the food blogging scene and I’m sure most people know of her. I love the daily stories she posts about her travels, 2023 Family Planners her quirky recipes and reviews also the funny stories that go with them. She’s also the first person to leave a comment on my first post.

Iron Chef Shellie – Michele’s actually one of the bloggers that encouraged me to start my own. I don’t think I would’ve started if it weren’t because of her. She shares amazing recipes and have gorgeous photos to accompany them.

Hotly Spiced – If you haven’t heard of Charlie’s blog Hotly Spiced, I highly recommend you going to check it out. :) She shares delicious and healthy recipes but more importantly the hilarious stories that go with them about her 3 children.

Añade tu respuesta

Haz clic para o