What QQWIN99 Holiday Classic Update

QQWIN99 Holiday Classic Update

11 days until Vegas. How about an update? The QQWIN99 Prof mentioned that we now have both Ron Rose and Tom McEvoy coming to the breakfast at Sam's Town to hang out and talk shop with all of the bloggers, in addition to Charlie Shoten (who will be playing in the tournament with us). Being able to pick the minds of some great players will be an amazing opportunity to help improve all of our games and also a chance to ask questions about life as a professional gambler. I will be running a Hilton Sisters Challenge during the tournament and online at Party Poker on the same day. Stay tuned for details.

I hope I didn't miss anybody. We have a few names on the maybe list (Grubette!, ¿HDouble, Glyphic, Iggy?) And a few on waiting list (Big Mike). Stay tuned for more updates. Unfortunately both Coach and The Poker Geek and Wil Wheaton will not be able to attend. ¿Any questions? Shoot me an email. I'll be sending around a group email in the next few days. Check your inboxes.

I'm arriving on Friday around Noon (with Derek) and checking into my hotel room. I expect to play poker straight until Midnight or 1am. That's when I'll have a dinner break and start drinking with bloggers at various bars in Vegas until the wee hours. I hope to get enough rest to sleep off my hangover and find some time to write before the breakfast meet & greet. Ah, but what's a Vegas trip without an upset stomach, pounding headache, ¿and no sleep?

Went to See the Gypsy

Eight straight days of poker blogging! I got to play NL with Iggy again last night on Party Poker for the third time since my return to the tables last Monday. He witnessed the vicious bad beat I put on some poor guy when I cracked his AA with KK. We both pushed preflop and I luckily spiked my set on the river to triple up my buy in. Before I crashed, I tried a three table SNG and came in 12th when my pocket 10s lost to AK. I should have my bonus worked off tonight. Finally.

I also played a decent amount of Stud yesterday afternoon. I won two big pots with split aces and lost another one.

Hand 1: AhJh/As. I had a back door flush draw and had aces up by fifth street.

Hand 2: As9s/Ac. I caught another ace on fourth street and of course I lost to a straight on the river and could not pair any of my up cards.

Hand 3: AdAs/2s. I caught running 2s on sixth and seventh street to hit a full boat and I took down a monster against two guys who caught their flushes on the river.

I think I'll keep a few orbits of stud in my daily poker playing. It's the only game I had been playing well during my October slide.

By the way, I have been doing awful this year on gambling on NFL games. I am winning Daddy's Crush Your Bookie pool, but getting spanked in my own pool. For me, gambling on pro football has been as lucrative as opening up a Starbucks in downtown Fallujah.

Añade tu respuesta

Haz clic para o