How Steve Irion REALLY Learned to Play rtp online

LAKE TAHOE, NV--Fishy Steve Irion begins today with 25,900 chips as he fights his way toward the bubble at the rtp online Lake Tahoe main event. (Eighteen players will get paid.) Last night Steve had a lot of big stories about big games in his Sacramento basement where he developed his skills, but his wife, Christine, sent me this photo of Steve (left) and Foxy (right), which tells a different story about where this contender really cut his teeth.

WSOP Circuit Update: Post-Bubble

LAKE TAHOE, NV--Our favorite total random has been eliminated. Steve Irion and his grandpa's fish eggs moved in with 3-3 and got called by two overcards. He lost the race and busted out in 18th place: $7,259.

Nice job, Steve-o.

Of the remaining players, two three four of them are WSOP bracelet winners ... Scott Clements and Paul Kobel (below). Kobel, by the way, gets our pothead-of-the-day props, for obvious reasons:

Radio Head

ATLANTIC CITY, NJ--Tonight, PokerBlog gets into the Philadelphia sports radio racket. At 7:30 ET on SportsTalk 950 AM, I’ll be a guest on “The Poker Show with Chuck Darrow.”

Why Do You Redraw for Seats at Three Tables?

LAKE TAHOE, NV--I just asked none other than Dr. Tim's lover favorite assistant tournament director to clarify something that we have had much debate about here. In this particular WSOP Circuit main event, they redrew for seats at three tables. Why not two, once they are into the money, I inquired.

"We do it at three tables, then two, then one," he explained.

Um, OK, but why?

"You mean other than because that's how [legendary WSOP tourney director] Jack McClelland taught me to do it?"

¿The New Jennifer Tilly?

It's true ... Vanessa Rousso is officially a bad-asslette. She did indeed win the $5k Borgata event -- a $285k payday. The biggish-name pros she outlasted at the final table include Joe Sebok and Hasan Habib.

The Cooler

ATLANTIC CITY, NJ--We’re down below 140 players. Joe Brooks isn’t one of them. The local pro from Egg Harbor, who won the $2,500 NL event here at the Borgata, got bounced a little while ago. But he wasn’t felled by cards.

In today's Press of Atlantic City, there was a story about Brooks, two other local pros (Matt Stout and Matt Glantz), and Cyndy Violette. All four players were alive this morning. All four players are gone this afternoon.

“As soon as I saw the article, I knew we were screwed,” Joe Brooks says. “I’M going to that woman’s house.”

The story was written by Elaine Rose. I don’t think she’s loved.

“She’s the kiss of death,” Stout says.

I wonder if they'll put her in the bathroom like Eddie Mush.

Añade tu respuesta

Haz clic para o