The Growth of Women in Sihoki Slot

Of the 8,773 players entered in the Main Event, 270 were women, representing 3.08% of the field. That means approximately every 33rd player is a woman. Or, to put it another way, every three or four tables would include just one woman.

When I was covering major tournaments for Card Player, I would often count the number of women in the starting field, and the results always showed the same percentages. Whether it was a large field (600+) or a small one (100-150), only 2.5-3% of the entrants were women.

So the percentage of women in tournament Sihoki has been fairly steady. Of course, right now the word "steady" in poker translates to "explosive growth."

Railbird of the Day

With the field thinning and the media members rising, it's getting a little crowded in the narrow spaces between tourney tables. I do my best to keep an eye out for the photographers and TV cameras that are making their way around, so I can quickly step out of the way and not cause trouble. I think I do a fair job of it, but today I got my first complaint.

Double Trouble

Bloggers Ryan (far right) and Tuscaloosa Johnny (far left) are now improbably seated at the same table. Johnny is in the 2 seat at table 143 with 118K in chips and Ryan is in the 5 seat with around 35K. They'll be playing for one more half-level before calling it a night.

Authors Score in 2006 WSOP

There was a time when people would needle some of poker's more prevalent writers about putting their tournament money where their pens were. If this WSOP is any indication, forum posters will have to find something else to rant about.

Mike Caro (pictured), known for his Book of Tells, and David Sklansky, best known for his Theory of Poker, played a number of events this year.

Caro, the self-proclaimed "Mad Genius of Poker," demonstrated his diversity by cashing four times this year in four different games; a limit shootout, NLHE, stud, and Omaha hi/lo. Sklansky cashed in three events; stud, stud hi/lo, and NLHE.

John Vorhaus of Killer Poker fame, made the final table of the Seniors Event.

Of course Matthew Hilger has had a great WSOP record the last two years. The author of Internet Texas Hold'em: Strategies of a Winning Pro cashed in both the 2004 and 2005 Main events. And this year he cashed in a limit event and a pot limit event.

Player Profile: Jennifer Hopkins

Jennifer Hopkins is still going strong in her first WSOP event. The PartyPoker qualifier from Springfield, IL said her tournament has had its ups and downs.

"But that's any game," she said. "I just take it one day at a time."

Jennifer has about $20,000 in Day 2. Way to represent the ladies Miss Pink.

Añade tu respuesta

Haz clic para o