Pixies

¿ALguien sabe algo de la palabra "Shastashin" q usa Frank Black en "Velouria"?

1 respuesta

Respuesta
Segun lo que halle el mismo Frank Black explica el significado de Velouria como una civilizacion perdida, Shastashin es una alusion al Monte Shasta en el norte de California, te mando la transcripcion literal de lo que dijo en una entrevista en MTV...
Hasta luego!
"Well, the sister continent of Atlantis is Lemuria, sank in the Pacific Ocean, and the remnants of a culture are holed up in Mount Shasta, which is in Northern California - its a hollowed out mountain. They live in the mountain today, because it's an ongoing kind of thing. So lemur skin, fur, Velouria rhymes with Lemuria... kind of, and that's sort of what that's all about."
"... It's the same character, the same imagery. Part of the same lore of Northern California, and Mount Shasta. This woman that I have in mind she's covered in velour. She's like a lemur. She's human, but she's kind of like a cat. She's feline, because she's covered in this short soft hair. Velvety. I suppose it's partially based on my wife, mixed in with lots of other things, things that I've read and things that I've seen when driving around that part of the world, that area of Mt. Shasta."
A quote from Frank Black in an interview with MTV.

Añade tu respuesta

Haz clic para o

Más respuestas relacionadas