¿Alguien me puede revisar esta redacción en inglés? Podéis opinar sobre la independencia!

In the following paragraphs I set out some reasons for and against Catalonia’s independence.
Firstly, I want to explain some of the reasons for Catalonia’s Independence.
In the first place, recent researches indicate that Catalonia pays more taxes to the Spanish central government that it receives back. In fact, a common argument is that from an economic perspective, independence is the best solution for a hypothetical Catalan state. Although some citizens think that Catalonia is too small to be able to become an independent nation, economists say that Catalonia would be a viable state, because there is no economic theory that says that bigger countries are more viable than small ones. For example, you can provide that large countries like India, is one of the poorest countries in the world.
Furthermore, another important reason is that Catalans think that Spain has a lack of recognition and respect for Catalonia’s national identity and language. Recently, Spain’s central government has attacked the Catalan bilingual school model (which combines Spanish and Catalan) with the aim to consider Catalan as an optional language.
On the other hand, there are some opinions against Catalonia’s Independence.
First of all, a common argument from the pro-independence side is that Catalonia pays more to the Spanish central government that it receives. The supporters of independence spread the effective idea that all of Catalonia’s problems stem from Spain, because Spain “steals” and “pillages” the Catalans’ wealth. However, Catalonia also receives billions from the Spain government for public expenditure in the region.
Other people argue that to leave Spain would be an enormous economic problem, because Spain is the biggest market for the Catalonian business. On the other hand, it is possible that some multinationals wouldn’t want to remain in the hypothetical small Catalonia state.
In conclusión, there are a lot of reasons for and against Catalonia’s Independence, but I think that the people’s choice is the unique to be capable to decide about the future of Catalonia.

Añade tu respuesta

Haz clic para o